- How it Works
- Important Features
- Shipping / Returns
- How it Works
- Artist Account
- Important Programs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
1. What kind of fine art do you sell?
2. Do I need to open an account in order to browse the website?
3. Is buying original art from TheArtGallerist.com safe?
4. How do I place an order?
5. How are the shipping and handling costs calculated?
6. What if I encounter a problem while submitting my order?
7. Can I cancel an order after it has been submitted?
8. Why would I want to join the "Collectors Club"?
9. If I do open an account, is my personal information secure?
10. What payment options are accepted by TheArtGallerist.com?
11. What if I forget my password?
12. Can I give fine art as a gift?
1. What kind of fine art do you sell? TheArtGallerist.com sells original fine art, including oil, acrylic and watercolor paintings, blown and fused glass art, fine art prints like etchings, fine art photography, even tabletop and life size bronze sculptures. We also sell limited edition fine art prints. If the cost of an original piece of artwork is more than you can afford, then some of our artists have made high quality giclée prints available of some of their favorite pieces.
2. Do I need to open an account in order to browse the website? No, you do not need to open an account to browse the website. An account is only required if you wish to take advantage of the website’s many available features and benefits. A free “Collectors Club” membership account is only required if you wish to take advantage of the website’s many available features and benefits.
3. Is buying original art from TheArtGallerist.com safe? Yes. TheArtGallerist.com uses PayPal to process all financial transactions ensuring the latest security technology which includes data encryption, server authentication, and identity protection. Because of this fact, TheArtGallerist.com never sees your financial information as it remains private and secure with PayPal. Additionally PayPal is registered with VeriSign, Inc., another assurance that we are valid, legal, and to be trusted.
4. How do I place an order? It's easy and secure! Just click the “add to cart” button located next to the product image. You can then either continue shopping or proceed to the checkout. If you proceed to checkout, you will be asked to provide us with your contact information. If you already have an account with us, simply sign-in and proceed directly to the checkout. If you would like to open an account, simply choose a user name and password for yourself before proceeding to checkout.
5. How are the shipping and handling costs calculated? As our exclusive shipping carrier, UPS offers several shipping options that include Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, 3 Day Select, and Ground Service. Shipping costs are calculated based upon the location of the artist, your location, the shipping option you chose, and the size and weight of the artwork being shipped. Handling costs include the packaging required to ensure that the fine art you purchased arrives in perfect condition.
7. Can I cancel an order after it has been submitted? Sure. If you decide to cancel your order, please contact Customer Service immediately. If your order has already shipped, under our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy you have 7 days after it is received to return the artwork in its original packaging for a full refund. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for the return shipping charges should a return be necessary.
8. Why would I want to join the "Collectors Club"? Joining the Collectors Club is absolutely free, and it provided you access to the exclusive features and benefits available on the website. Some of those things include your ability to create and maintain a fine art “wish list”, securely maintain your own contact information, communicate directly with an artist via their Guestbook, track your purchases, or opt-in to receiving our quarterly newsletter. Our e-newsletters contain introductions to some of our newest artists, “Featured Artist” interviews, website features and future enhancements, art show reviews, special offers, etc.
10. What payment options are accepted by TheArtGallerist.com? In addition to all major credit cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover), we also accept payment via your PayPal account. If you don’t already have an account you can open one easily and for free at www.paypal.com.
11. What if I forget my password? If you have forgotten your password, simply click on “Forgot Your Password?” on the My Account/Login page. At that time you will be asked to provide the e-mail address you used to open your account. Once you do this and click the “Submit” button, the password you created will be e-mailed to you.
12. Can I give fine art as a gift? Absolutely! The gift of fine art is perfect for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc., but because choosing art is a very personal decision, we think giving a gift certificate for original art is the perfect solution. Your gift will be remembered, and you will be thought of every time the recipient looks at the beautiful piece of fine art your gift allowed them to buy. Please look for the “Gift Certificate” button located on the product detail page along with other options like add to shopping cart, add to wish list, and send to a friend.