TheArtGallerist.com, LLC strives not only to provide the finest selection of original art, photography, fine art prints and other original artworks, but also to make users of the website comfortable with the content of the images we present. We make every effort not to cross any legal lines with presented material in order to appeal to a broad general audience. Remember that art is a very subjective topic and what is deemed acceptable to one audience, may not be acceptable to another.
We reserve the right to remove any images or other content that may conflict with these guidelines. Gross or repeated violations may result in restrictions on or termination of your account. The following provides more specific information regarding the requirements of TheArtGallerist.com regarding content:
- Hate and Social Intolerance: TheArtGallerist .com, LLC will not carry art that it considers to advocate hate, racial intolerance or violence or that ridicules any individual, group, or organization. Some historical images may contain symbols that are considered offensive by today’s standards; however, they are only displayed to show historical accuracy.
- Commercial Activity: Artists shall not post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, mass mailings, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes” or other such solicitations.
- Compliance with Law: Artist agrees to comply with all federal and state laws regarding images or other material posted on the website.
- Language: TheArtGallerist .com, LLC will not carry art that it believes contains profanity, sexually explicit language, or disparaging remarks.
- Licensing: TheArtGallerist .com, LLC respects the intellectual property rights of others. We will not intentionally display, reproduce or sell unlicensed prints, photographs or original art.
- Offensive Materials: TheArtGallerist .com, LLC reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of all images posted to our site. Users shall not post images that a reasonable art observer would find offensive or art that (i) is libelous, (ii) promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or otherwise; (iii) is harmful to or exploitative of children; or (iv) is otherwise illegal.
- Pornography: TheArtGallerist .com, LLC strives not to carry art that involves erotica or adult content that crosses the line from art into pornography. We do carry some nude figures, photos, and some mild sexual images in prints, paintings and other artwork.
- Violence: Some images on the TheArtGallerist.com, LLC website may depict violence; however, we avoid images that we believe contain overt or gratuitous violence or that promote suicide.
The list above is not an exhaustive list of unacceptable content. Rather, it is a set of guidelines for our users to follow. TheArtGallerist.com will determine, in its sole discretion, whether content is in compliance with this Content Policy.